View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #22
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Ok, more laundry stuff-kind of.

Laundry sheets uses:

~put in your pocket to help repel mosquitos
~tuck under the seat of your car to help the scent stay fresh
~wipe across hair when static is an issue
~stash in the lingerie drawer for body-friendly sachets

I have also found that dryer sheets are good for dusting furniture and television screens...anything that usually gathers dust. The fabric softener in the sheet works as a dust repellent.

Also using cooled cigarette ashes mixed with a little bit of water on water stained end tables or coffee tables will remove those white spots.

Toothpaste is an excellent cleaner of silver jewelry. You must brush lightly with a toothbrush because it can be abrasive.

Use a rubber glove to help grip and open tough to open jars. Also if you put it under hot water it helps to break the seal.

Hard to clean shower doors? Use WD 40 applied to a cloth and be careful not to get it on the tub or floor surface because it will make it slippery. But it will clean the hard to get off soap scum.

A clogged drain? 1 cup of baking soda followed by 1 cup of hot vinegar (heated in the microwave) Wait a few minutes and then follow with two quarts of hot water. The reaction of the baking soda vinegar boils out anything that is in there...it's temperature helps as well.

Also you can remove odors from a garbage disposal in the sink by running through some citrus.

Coat a deck of old cards with baby powder to make them slippery again.

Ever wonder why they sell bunches of daffodils together without other flowers?? Do not mix cut daffodils with other flowers as there is a toxin that daffodils produce that will kill the other flowers.

Vinegar water (1/2 cup vinegar to 2 cups water approximately - more vinegar if the glass is very dirty) and old newspapers for cleaning windows for a streak free look.

Crayon on walls? WD 40 or a hair dryer which will help to melt the wax base of the crayon and assist in wiping it off.

Pen or pencil marks on the wall. Cloth dipped into milk and wipe it off.

Clean brass with lemon juice.

Remove chewing gum with peanut butter. If on clothing put it in the freezer and then scrape it off.

Rubbing alcohol to clean flat topped stoves.

Clean the microwave...I always hated this job until I found this! Cut up one lemon and add one cup of water in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for five minutes. It will loosen any stuff from the inside and you can just wipe it out with a cloth. It gets rid of the grime while adding a fresh scent.

I guess that is all from me for now. I have learned many tricks of the trade over the years. I did janitorial work for many years. Hope these help y'all. If I think of more I will post again later.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post: