thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Not all artists are unstable. I used to be one (musician, we are our own breed of strange).

It is a personal preference and not meant to offend anyone. I never called anyone unstable.

My comment was I swear I'll never date another artist... because I believe that opposites are a good thing in a relationship. Even though I'm a much more rational/logical personality type than I used to be, I'd prefer to be the more "artistic" one in the relationship. I'm attracted to math brains and practical brains. People with their feet firmly on the ground, so my head can occasionally escape to the sky.

My comment mainly stems from being married to someone who I thought was the logical/math brain, but I slowly found out her dreams were to be a professional poet (not spoken word, she was terrified to speak in front of others, literally a written poet). She hated every job she ever had. She was terrible with money, and about as practical as silly string. Now, I'm not saying all artists are this way; many of my artsy friends are not. She was a special breed of special, artist or no.

Because of some things that have happened in my life, I value security over a lot of other things. Real professional artists are often used to living without security, in fact many of you thrive in the lack of it. That would drive me nuts! Which is why I got out of the business of art.

Follow your passions, live your wonderful lives, and find someone who loves you for your lovely whimsical self!

And pass me the engineers, accountants, teachers, carpenters, etc... LOL
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post: