How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

For me androgyny is not a non-event of gender, quite the opposite, defininately a fullness of gender/s with none diluted, moreso ambi-gendered. But I think though there are as many types of androgynes as there are types within any gender... so that would be speaking for myself only. To that for me it means outwardly presenting many strong "gender markers" simultaneously, not being void of them.

I don't really like or need to outwardly 'identify' though, and I'm sure there are more than a few labels that would fit w/o anyone questioning but I guess if the Universe suddenly screamed at me "Identify correctly now or die!!!" I'd def have to say Androgyne (and I might pee a little if that happened too) :/ The thing with labeling I think is I don't like the assumptions... hmmm... I suppose not identifying or doing so vaguely probably doesn't really help that cause either though, especially online (as others have referenced).

Anyway, someone said something to me years back... well a waitress conveyed it... but they sent me a drink with the message, "You are either the most beautiful man in the room or the handsomest woman", and it felt right, it felt like being home and in all the compliments I've had since I've never forgot it. I've had similar comments recently and it always feels like that is when mind and presentation are in perfect sync. Make no mistake though I am happy and proud being a female, just androgynous as one.

For me it seems to be the only way (in this context) I can be and feel happy and complete. I can't deny any aspect of my yin or yang, psychologically, behaviorally or physically. In my quest for 'gender' answers about where I sit I've done just that and struggled terribly everytime, and I can thank my own baggage around sex and gender for it. There were just old and dusty ideas to be tossed in order for me to embrace everything in myself and be able to enjoy it. It took some time but I love who I am now, living to my fullest in this sense and I've never been happier.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: