Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default "Before I die, I want to........."

Syr sent me this video (thank you!)... i loved the project that Ms. Chang did. Being from my beloved, sad home town of New Orleans it hit home twice as much. Please take about 3 minutes to listen.

In her New Orleans neighborhood, artist and TED Fellow Candy Chang turned an abandoned house into a giant chalkboard asking a fill-in-the-blank question: “Before I die I want to ___.” Her neighbors' answers -- surprising, poignant, funny -- became an unexpected mirror for the community. (What's your answer?)

"Before I die I want to hug her one more time"
"Before I die I want to carry out my childhood plans"
"Before I die I want to be tried for piracy"

Those were a few that i remember!

So many answers were posted to her questions... i couldn't come up with just one thing to fill in the blank for myself, so as an ongoing thread maybe we can share our *Before I die I want to _________* answers. These answers are not up for debate or judgment. They are what they are, so please don't go there.

Discussion probably doesn't need to happen, just fill in the blank as often as you wish.

"Before I die, I want to _____________________"

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: