Old 09-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #78
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Kast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST Reputation

I was feeling something strongly the other day and it reminded me of a poem I had written. Then, I had another fond memory of another I had written, I guess there's only a handful out of the many that we might write that we call our 'babies'. Yes, I consider certain poems like my children, all the steps of bringing a child into the world are there (in a different form) to bring the poem about. Bring your adorable, cute, ugly (lol) 'children' in here for us to get a gander at?... these are nice people here and if it has an issue, I'm sure it'll be pampered anyway...

You know I've always liked your poetry, Cinderella. I asked you one time how you managed your syllables and you said 'I can just tell when a word is out of place' or something like that. In other words, you're a natural unlike myself.

For fun or whatever, I'm using this poetry analyzer to mostly boost the self esteem or encourage the poet. (We're not exactly sure if it's accurate or what criteria it's looking for to make a comparison. I'm sure if we put several of ours in, we'd probably get different answers?) I plugged your first poem in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post

The Lost Summer

God's good earth is calling,
It beckons I return
To greener days,
And childhood plays,
And lost days that I yearn.

Each field and glen remembers
When a barefoot boy did roam
Its hills and dales, its wooded trails,
And now wants him back home.

I sit beneath the shady elm
That once served as my store
For secrets and for treasures dear,
To keep forevermore.

A robin's egg, a spiders web,
Wax and a ball of string,
A kite to fly on windy days
A bluejay's faded wing.

But now I'm tired and weary,
And too old to run and play,
Yet in those dreams of long ago
I search for yesterday.

To find the glory in the flower,
The splendor in the grass,
Forgotten through life's hardships
Come to claim my soul at last.
It says you write like Neil Gaiman. I'm not familiar with him, so - I'll go look him up...

(Also, poet's feel free to put one of yours in the analyzer and give us your opinion on how or why you feel it's accurate or inaccurate.)
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote