View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #35
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post MacKenzie Scott

MacKenzie Scott, Ex-Wife Of Jeff Bezos, Has Remarried

MacKenzie Scott, the ex-wife of Jeff Bezos.

The ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos—to whom she was married for 25 years—Scott is worth $53 billion according to Forbes and thanks to her shares in the e-commerce giant. She signed the Giving Pledge—a promise to give away half her fortune to charity in her lifetime—when her divorce with Bezos was finalized in 2019. She’s been an active philanthropist in the two years since, notably giving away $4 billion in the course of four months to underserved communities, including community colleges and historically Black colleges and universities.Fittingly, it is through the Giving Pledge that news of Scott’s marriage emerged.

“In a stroke of happy coincidence, I am married to one of the most generous and kind people I know—and joining her in a commitment to pass on an enormous financial wealth to serve others,” Jewett wrote in a Giving Pledge statement posted March 6. Jewett is joining Scott in her charitable pledge.

“It is strange to be writing a letter indicating I plan to give away the majority of my wealth during my lifetime, as I have never sought to gather the kind of wealth required to feel like saying such a thing would have particular meaning,” he wrote, noting that he has been a teacher for the “majority” of his life.

The couple apparently met at the Lakeside School, a private school that Scott’s children attend (and where Bill Gates went) and where Jewett is a chemistry teacher.

Representatives for Scott also did not reply to a request for comment.

“Dan is such a great guy, and I am happy and excited for the both of them,” Jeff Bezos said in a statement provided to Forbes by an Amazon spokesperson. (This was the same statement he provided to the Wall Street Journal, which first reported on Scott and Jewett’s marriage).

Scott’s most recent public remarks were around her $4.1 billion in donations last year. “Though I’m far from completing my pledge, this year of giving began with exposure to leaders from historically marginalized groups fighting inequities, and ended with exposure to thousands of organizations working to alleviate suffering for those hardest hit by the pandemic,” she wrote in December.

Altogether, Scott’s announced gifts to charitable and nonprofit groups in 2020 totaled $5.8 billion.

Kerry Dolan contributed reporting

5:45am ET, March 8: This post was updated to reflect that Jewett is currently employed at Lakeside, which a school represented confirmed to Forbes after this story was posted.

Source: forbes.com
Website: https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiem...h=d0f726b79671
Date: March 7, 2021
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote