Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
3.9 miles barefoot sand this morning. Today I went back to my regular trio of beaches which I have been avoiding because of the steep ramp and some stairs to access, my knee felt better enough to give it a shot. It’s funny how beaches that butt right up against each other will have different bird populations, I don’t know how they sort out turf but today was mostly Willits and Long Billed Curlews, Pelicans and Terns are up at the other end.

Something I really like about this particular stretch of beach is the high mica content in the sand, when the sun hits it just right in the shallow surf edge it looks like the whole area is paved in gold glitter.
Last fall at the beach I saw long billed curlews, way out on rock formations, where sea lions were sun bathing. Fun stuff!

Your beach story makes me want to wander down to the coast to go see long time friends. They live close to the beach and have relatively no other visitors on their stretch of the beach. I want to go after Labor Day, when there wont be too many other beach goers during the latter months of fall.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring beach story.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: