Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My "customers" are not always right.

They have the added disadvantage of either being a decompensated mentally ill person or an intoxicated one.

In either case, they are not really able to listen in order to process information I am trying to tell them.

I try to be super-patient and talk in a quiet voice. Usually, it helps to deescalate their behavior and their defensiveness is lowered.

We have sheriffs in the building that walk our floors hourly. If all else fails, I ask the secretary to call the sheriff.

Neither of our sherriff staff are reactive or aggressive. Sometimes, just having the client see the sheriff, calms them back down to reality.

Once that happens, they are more able to listen to the treatment plan.

Sometimes after treatment and sobriety, they call and thank me for the help. One last month even sent me a thank you card.

That was awesome to receive.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: