Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,101 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

The woman expressed concern that Besame wouldn't be there to help her in the future. That sounds like anxiety to me. I'm sure most of us knows at least one person with high anxiety or an anxiety driven condition. True, the way she asked presented a distinct lack of tact but that's not criminal.

Again, there was no previous relationship with Besame so it's understandable that she would be concerned that Besame wouldn't be there if she had problems in the future. Many businesses have a lot of turnover or maybe the customer recently lost someone or maybe she has a fixation on death. No matter what the situation was, she didn't know Besame from Adam, so there was no previous interactions that would comfort her.

I get customers all the time that feel more comfortable dealing with the person that completed their rental or that they contacted first, regardless of that person's designation within the company. I don't take offense to that as I feel that way myself; it's human nature to want to continue to work with whomever you've previously had contact and/or rapport.

For the record, you would probably be pretty put out with some of the conversations up here in the Northeast if that offended you. People are VERY blunt and short here. It was a bit of an adjustment period for me, even though I've lived in the North before, because I'm very much a Southerner and the Northeast has its own flair. I got used to it, though, and learned to work with it and to find ways to add in my own charm when I can.

People are going to be themselves, warts and all. I'd rather a customer speak what they are really thinking and feeling to me, even if it's a bit rude or tactless, than to give me the condenscending social politeness that I've experienced previously, mostly in the South.
This was more than being blunt and short. This was rude. And her probable anxiousness and concern is no reason not to expect her to be thoughtful enough not to mention the possible death of someone in the context of her exchange.

After living in NYC for many years I suspect she'd be met with everything from humor to anger after that careless reply, but this wasn't the northeast and I think she knew better (hence her backing up for 10 minutes when Besame gave her the look—LOL).
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: