View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Lightbulb Lightbulb moment

I’m baaack.

I know I said I would let go of this, but of course I couldn’t. This statement has been festering away in my brain for days now. (I don’t like feeling erased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I had a long drawn out post, but it is actually much too simple for all those words: you are correct when you say that it means: "Of course it is She, what else would it be?" because my "How do you ID?" says "woman" and women use "she"?

Even if someone thought I meant "of course it's she, I'm butch!" that would be putting words in my mouth since it is my personal preferred pronoun, which means I am speaking for myself, not all butches. In all of the years I have posted on this forum and the dash site, I have never spoken for all butches (or all anything, really) and in fact would counter anyone who tried.

Ok, that is still a lot of words, but I swear it is way less then what I originally had. lol
I honestly didn’t think there was anyway I could make sense out of it but I might have now and I am hoping that Parker will come in here and give me a confirmation. Or denial, either way I really am trying to figure out context.

Generally speaking when I read something I try to look at the surrounding context to make sure I’m getting it right. If it still doesn’t work I default to the dictionary or encyclopedia. This is a case where I couldn’t make it work either way. The problem is I know that Parker is smart and more importantly, significantly better at being politically correct than I am.

So, I’ve been doing a wider search. I went out into the Internet and combed through dozens of videos, blog posts, and articles written/spoken by butches of varying ages and locations. In some cases I saw the word woman being used in a somewhat different (but unclear) way although mostly the dictionary way. Then I came back here to this website and searched the forums. I found a thread that started back in 2009, a big one about this subject. I got through 126 large posts before I found one that stated that to some people female=sex and woman=gender.

If I frame it as a gender instead of biology I can understand (after a lot of digging) what was meant. I’m looking for verification. Specifically from Parker; is this what you meant?

If it is, a little alternative definition in your reply would have gone a long way. Someone new to this site or the dynamic might not get it. I didn't.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: