Uli

How Do You Identify?:
fat girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married!

Tournaments Won: 1

Uli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I have been struggling immensely since May, I have come too close to having a complete mental breakdown, so much so that I almost quit my job and thought about having myself commited.

Most of this has been due to not properly dealing with all that encompasses my adoption and biologcal identity family struggles.

I adore all 3 of my families, but I struggle so much to figure out where I fit in and who I am. Therapy is just starting up and I know its going to take awhile to see tons of improvement. but in the mean time, I still struggle with daily things.

I lost my half sister that was 2 months younger than me, one of my half brothers is in prison, the other is a meth addict, as is 2 of my other half sisters, the others are in complete denial of everything in their lives.

In total I have 10 proven half siblings,1 that we thought was by my biological father but isnt, yet she is still my sister.. along with the 2 siblings from my adoptive parents.

All I can say right now is this...

WE ARE ONE GIGANTIC DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY!
I had a lot of thoughts all at once in response to this, JDeere. I'm not sure any of them are helpful. I did quit my job and have a mental breakdown, basically, and I regret nothing, but I know there is privilege in that. I am glad you are trying therapy. I resisted it for so long and it turned out to be so helpful. Maybe you will never fully fit in anywhere, but you are still worthy of love and a good life. Your family gets to be whatever/whoever you want it to be and set boundaries where you need to. Love and peace to all of us adoptees <3
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uli For This Useful Post: