View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #129
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=mr.misnomer;599777

for me, accepting my body has been a thing that i've had to do more than once. as i age, my body changes, and my feelings about it change. as i age, and my perspective changes, my feelings about my place in the world change. and, honestly, as i age, the public (in general) seems a little more accepting (or, maybe i'm getting better at ignoring them . [/QUOTE]

Dear Mr. M,

You bring up an interesting point, which is, how does aging affect the culture's level of acceptance of people, like butches, who present in ways that are not hetero-normative?

I wonder if you are on to something; if there is indeed more acceptance of butches once they reach a certain age.

I think it might be the opposite for femmes—we become more invisible, and are devalued because of our age.

Anyway, thanks for putting your thoughts out there.

Welcome to the Planet!

Scout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: