View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation
Default So you want to start a poly relationship..

.. Why yes.. Yes I do! lol

I'm starting this thread to get some input from others with maybe a little more or differing experience then me.

I am a self identified poly person without a primary partner. I have a couple of close relationships that are pretty deep on thier own levels, but no one that I could call my girl/boyfriend and or partner..

How does one start a primary relationship? I should be more clear.. It seems to have been my experience that out in the poly world, most people that ID as poly have a primary. This is kind of a generalzation, but I'm going to run with it.. There is of course the fact that diffrent relationships can have diffrent levels and be just as rich for all involved, but there is also that *core* relationship that is who you go to bed with nightly and say good morning to when you wake up.

Is it easier to start with a primary and then branch out? Or has it been your experience that relationships shift with time and people can orbit from being *core* to being fringe in your life and vice versa? How have you delt with being shifted, or shifting yourself?

I really hope that I am being clear with my thoughts here, if not, please ask and I will go into greater detail.

Thank you all in advance for any input on this and I look forward to hearing what you have to say about this topic

-Tony