View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #45
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Great update -- I just heard from a local friend who needs a housesitter for Thanksgiving weekend, so the immediate issue of where to be for that day is resolved!! Now to find a place to volunteer for that day, or someone to adopt me for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
This is the Year of the Ugly Divorce so things will be very different for me this year.

For many years, my siblings and our spouses and kids have gone to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, because otherwise we might not even get to see each other, but my parents will be on a Habitat build, my sister just moved to CA, my niece is in Iceland, and so we're not doing a gathering. That was ok -- I'd hoped to spend Thanksgiving weekend getting my house in order, but now my ex's closing was delayed AGAIN and so they'll all still be in my house, so I'm currently searching for somewhere to escape to for that weekend; unfortunately, the folks I might normally visit are all going to have houses full of family, so I'm hoping to find someone who needs a house sitter.

I'm praying they'll be gone by mid-December, because I have two weeks off and I'd planned to use that time to really reclaim my house and make it mine, and also because I'd probably lose my f'n mind if they were still here then. I'm not Christian but I celebrate it as a cultural holiday with my friends and family. On Christmas day I always deliver meals.

And while I have no idea what I'll be doing for New Years Eve, I hope that one way or another I can get good and kissed. Now THAT would start my new year right!