Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Note I said my brother was 15. I've heard it all, both sides. I suspect you and I are around the same age.

He *huffed* model glue.....he'd huff the gasoline out of the garden tractor,and that wasn't a briggs straton 3hp engine,...so there was alot of gasoline to huff! And every lie in the world as to where that gasoline could have possibly gone, and then my father (at first) scratching his head and also making excuses for where that gasoline could have possibly gone.....then huffing wasn't a good enough buzz, onto other things....maybe it was the mescaline (sp) when he ate those rubber grapes that my mother had as an ornamnet in her fake fruit bowl.....I remember her watching in horror as he did this BUT SHE DIDN'T SAY A WORD!......one night, middle of the night, maybe early morning, we were awakened to an awful noise and the house was shaking. Lovely brother misjudged the garage and the side of the house and drove his car right into the side of the house, got out of the car and came into the house to pass out. (there was no garage on that side of the house) more excuses, more excuse for him.......blah blah blah...he admitted he used, he admitted he drank....they let him still drive, it was easier than fighting with him all the time.......the list was endless.

I'm sure this is why I have little patience for co dependent people or enablers.

I wish I wasn't so tired, I'd look for this story. Some one I went to high school with, I actually stubled on it looking up something from intervention.
Anyhow, her name is Roberta and she is a nurse. She had a teenager daughter who was a straight A student......from straight A's to getting a notice from the high school she wasn't going to graduate. Roberta went to the school and find out her daughter hardly came to school and her grades were in the gutter. EYE opener for Roberta. Roberta checked her daughters bank account and it was zero balance. She had a part time job and was pretty good about saving. She requested a copy of her daughter's cell phone bill......two months in a row , one over a hundred dollars and the second one close to two hundred dollars, next she got a mac card print out from the bank, cash advances and gasoline purchases. Armed with all this evidence she confronted her daughter.......in fact, she thought when she confronted her daughter, she was high. She checked her arms, track marks! searched her car and found empty stamp bags and burnt spoons and all the proof she needed. She took her daughter immediately to the hospital she worked at and had them help her get her admitted to a drug rehab center. They released her in two weeks. Released her to out patient therapy, Roberta wanted her in for 90 days. she was 17. She was home 2 days, and Roberta didn't let her out of her sight, (or so she thought) and on the third morning, went to wake her up, and found her (her daughter) in bed, dead. She was blue. She ODed. I don't know where I am going with this except to say professional people have to handle this.
I'm tired i'll write more tomorrow.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: