Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

The first thing I thought of this morning was Jess. That is how addiction works on you. I was tired last night and not getting to any points. I'd like you to try to keep in mind (and it was nice to hear from some people who are fighting this monster) while the drug itself is addictive, addiction and alcoholism is a sickness. I know I didn't believe that for years!

I'm hoping you can get the right people to do the right things, and you are going to be the big evil villian until that ball starts rolling

I was telling you the story about Roberta, Her and 3 other mom's, all nurses from others hospitals, have formed a *road show* for lack of a better word that travels to the high schools and even middle schools and speaks to parents to alert them that this is happening in their homes. All 4 have lost a child. (three to death, and one to incarceration).

My own anger surfaces when I try to engage in conversation about this, one, because my parents chose to ignore my brothers addictions and even more so because I could not help him. I appologize to you if my tone came across as angry. In a perfect world, I don't want anyone to endure the heart ache that comes with loving an addict.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: