Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation
Default Animal Rescue/Foster/Adoption

Greetings All,

I am looking for a way to connect with people who are interested in or involved in animal rescue, foster, adoption or all 3.

Every day my news feed on Facebook is overflowing with plea's from volunteers in animal rescue who are looking for some help, especially in foster care given that so many high kill shelters are overwhelmed. I thought of creating a thread here because I know that some of you are already active in animal rescue and others may want to get involved.

We could educate one another on what it takes to get involved in rescue or foster care for dogs, cats, horses and other animals. We can discuss trap/spay/neuter and population control. We can do some networking and find solutions to help the struggling groups in our communities that are overwhelmed with dogs and cats, puppies and kittens that are on death row.

Just now I received a desperate plea from a friend on Facebook who is in Chatanooga TN and cant find foster care for 3 little kittens so they may be put to death today. Seriously? We are facing an epidemic of cruelty with domestic animals and we could instead see a turn to compassionate "No Kill" shelter care if only we were more organized in this realm.

So if you have any thoughts or ideas, jump on in.

Thank you,

Sun

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: