CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I'm trying to follow your logic, but I can't get past the title. There is no place on earth, or in cyberspace, that could be misconstrued as 'post gender'.

I hope I'm not insulting anyone here, but I have no doubt that academics who believe they've facilitated/created/willed into being a 'post gender world' are deluded. There is no place, no language, no circumstance that is not utterly suffused with gender, and assumptions, judgments and injustices based on same.

I'm sure it's interesting to some academics to theorize about some sort of idealised world that is fully populated by people with slippery ambiguous genders defined only by themselves, and where those genders can be as changeable as the phases of the moon. That world exists in the minds of people who have been having fun making it up, kind of like a video game.

If anyone would like to remember what it means to work in the real world with men who have NO gender ambiguity WHATSOEVER, I invite you to visit me in the scene shop.

OK. It's safe to come back out, now. The grouchy old curmudgeon has retired for a nap.

Last edited by CherylNYC; 05-26-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: sp
CherylNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CherylNYC For This Useful Post: