mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

I think you know the problem already seeing as how you said it. "Has anyone felt this inexplicable disconnect from feeling and your heart in general after a difficult, emotionally abusive relationship? It has been well over 2 years since I broke up with my ex and I still find myself unable to feel anything." It's a protective measure after being hurt. It will pass in time and with emotional work. It will not disappear on it's own. It's about your ability to trust. If you're nerdy, try googling oxytocin and trust or bonding. Everything one feels/emotes is based on a hormone, neurotransmitter or other trace protein.
My issue is that...I trust I will find someone to be with. It just may take many years and meeting many women. I keep adding things to my long list of requirements. And there are few available butch women in the city I live in. I'll have to import or move and I feel that importing is not really an option in my life.
This is all so difficult...finding love, finding a meaningful relationship, finding someone to BE with. I wish all the best of luck. May we all be clear about our wants/needs/desires. May we all get the love we are capable of growing with. May we all find the love that makes our hearts sing and feet itch to dance at the sound of laughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantYearning View Post
I searched a bit, although I'm not entirely familiar with the threads, and I didn't see anything like this so I apologize if it's a repeat.

Has anyone felt this inexplicable disconnect from feeling and your heart in general after a difficult, emotionally abusive relationship? It has been well over 2 years since I broke up with my ex and I still find myself unable to feel anything. I have had people interested in me and there's this absolute disconnect with emotion, empathy, passion. Everyone said, give it time, which I have ... and yet I still find myself questioning what my heart is even capable of anymore. My ex and I have even spoken of this and hy says, not everyone is me, give them a chance ... but I'm terrified of finding myself "trapped" in a similar situation so I have avoided feeling anything for anyone for a long time.

I'm not looking for anyone to solve my problem for me, I know that's an answer that only I can find from within. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this, thoughts, opinions?
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post: