Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Upon reading this quote and thinking on the words I wonder how many of you feel the same as Jim Pell?
In our household you lived and breathed your heritage, and ours was a blended house divided we were taught the heritage of our ancestors from both sides.
Discrimination based on blood quantum wasn't allowed my family wouldn't permit it, their pride in heritage and beliefs ran strong.

"There is no such thing as 'part-Cherokee.' Either you're Cherokee or you're not.

It isn't the quantity of Cherokee blood in your veins that is important, but the quality of

it . . . your pride in it. I have seen full-bloods who have virtually no idea of the great

legacy entrusted to their care. Yet, I have seen people with as little as 1/500th blood

quantum who inspire the spirits of their ancestors because they make being Cherokee a

proud part of a their everyday life."

~Jim Pell: Principal Chief of the North Alabama Cherokee Tribe ~
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: