View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Shit--I'm not liking what I found. I crawled under the house and I can see the copper coming into the house, it looks like there is a regulator in place where they have tied the copper and the galvanized together. The main galvanized line coming in looks clean and rust free.

What is scaring the hell out of me is what I see coming out of the bathroom wall (under the house). I found one of the pipes with a very small drip coming out of it and is right next to a dime size rust spot--I suspect this is the major culprit and is ready to go--however when looking at the array of joints and lines I see quite a few rusty spots but no other visible drips. I am really having a hard time figuring out where this one line with the drip is going to and quite frankly think it is one of the lines out of the water heater.

This is what is really bothering me--it is sitting right next to my furnace and right by one of the cement slabs that is holding one of my major wall structures--I don't have a full slab, it's all dirt under there with the exception of these obvious reinforced area's to hold up a wall in the house. That slab does not look to stable to me as the dirt is removed from atleast 1/2 of the underside. I am really concerned if the water pipe broke what other damage it has the potential of causing.

Jack this is my question--what are the chances it would explode? Or is it just going to drip and the leak will get bigger? The leak is sitting in a bad spot-right where the pipe is coming thru the floor-. I need time to get some quotes -- I am thinking it is time to open the damn wall and do all the plumbing--at the same time I am going to have them put in a tankless gas water heater. Do you think this is an emergency or will be soon?

The good news is that the furnace has a new air filter and I got to go to home depot today!!

I'm sitting here debating on whether to open that wall up today---this is a '42 house--when you open these walls they flat ass stink.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote