View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
(((sorry Kimbo I accidently hit the edit button on your post)))

Good news.
If you can see ANY rot from beneath the floor in the crawl area, make sure to cut a board that will fit between the floor joists and use a few 1x2 to scab it up. Otherwise a termite inspector will call it and charge you to do the same thing.
I'll check this out when I get to working in the bathroom--still projected for Jan of 2010.

Jack I cannot thank you enough--

The game plan is that tomorrow at 0600 I will begin taking down the wall on the opposite side of the bathroom plumbing, at 0830 my friend will be here to train me in the art of plumbing. She thinks we will have it done by noon but what is not done she is going to leave me to do and will check back in on me after she gets done with her racing. We are going to drop the gas lines in for a gas tankless water heater and for a dryer while we are at it. I'm working on the water heater to buy--I think the Bosch Aquastar that is 6.4 GPM, it meets all the criteria for the energy credit. She'll check in with her distributor for a price break and by next weekend, if not sooner we will get that installed and get the wall back up.

We are going to completely replumb all the pipes with the exception of the main pipe in--for now we are going to let that one be and concentrate on everything else. Once I know something like this is going on I have to get if fixed -- I'd be constantly crawling under the house checking on the pipe and I really hate crawling around under there.

I sure hope I can find my knee pads, I know I'm going to be needing them. One thing I am really glad I did is part of the sale agreement on my house was that the prior owner had to clean out the crawl space and install new visqeen (sp?). I've had the house 10 years now but that plastic is still pretty clean and the crawl space seems to be rodent free. The spiders don't bother me but I hate the cobwebs on my face--I take a broom in with me to take care of that.

Wish me luck--I've never plumbed a house before especially after a plumbing crash course.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote