View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #20
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
Don't you have some wood to chop---

I've been so stuck on the plumbing thing I haven't been able to get into the wood chopping thread.
__

Either has anyone else once the "gnomes" invaded!

I will say this, (little bit I KNOW?, kinda...) when I bought this place, it was all customized threaded on the property galvanized piping. My father [back then] came right in (from HIS house building time period, upgrading a large landmark town building, -and just working with things knowledge, I guess) and said "easy replacing that piece". He measured, had it threaded at the local little town hardware store. That lasted years.

And I actually viewed ALL of this "exposed" metal plumbling as something akin to "Lloyd Wright" home artwork! LOL!!

But, I recently got copper replacement. At some point prior to this, (to add on) I adapted some plastic plumbing which is super easy and inexpensive to do of course, but I didn't like it! AT all.

Like some have said though, if you are in it for the LONG haul and have concerns... the galvanized does clog up from the inside. I would have thought that with a smaller diameter the water pressure would have been "greater"...(?) Want to explain that to me Jack?

But, it was well water sediment in mine from over the years, not "rotten from the inside out", that I could tell anyway. Maybe I was misinformed though. (One very unique description of this here, I'll tell ya!! Thanks. LOL!! Blech!!!)

I'm worried about the friggin' carpenter ants here. Whatcha got for that Jack? I've done many things over the years here. Little bastards.

Hi all! Happy SNL!!

WILD

*OH! Hot water tanks should be flushed out regularly, I "think". I did anyway. Now, I have the "hot water on demand", tankless "thingie"... (popular in Paris!). I believe that cut my gas bill down as well! But, like Jack stated, if it is that old, I wouldn't flush that out now unless you want to kayak out of your house!
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote