Old 11-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
wow. Can i connect with this or what? I had my surgery a season ago. I dropped enough weight to need new clothes. Here are some of the remarks i have gotten from my friends and family, of all sizes:

Bet you think you're something now, dont you?

Better keep your fat clothes, you're just gonna gain it all back someday.

I wish I had YOUR problem of having to buy all new clothes (not said in a nice way)

Oh we cant go to a buffet because SHE cant eat like us anymore

Is that all you're going to order? Are you trying to make us feel bad?

well, you didnt lose enuf to be skinny. So what then...

Great thread to start to help people not feel guilty about who they are or what they want in their life.

The things you mention Miss_Tia seems harsher than just making you feel guilty, it's almost like they are jealous or worry for your health or maybe a bit of both.. The way people act like that and what they said is not okay. I would politely tell them it's your choice, your health and you will make the decisions. Ask them if they are trying to make you feel bad? .. and tell them because you feel pretty good about where you are and the positive changes you're making for your health.

Don't let people make you guilty about food and your body and your choices. You do what you feel right. It is nice to have support but if people are gonna be negative and make you feel guilty it's probably best not to associate or got out with them then. Their loss if they can't stay friends and support you.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post: