JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Another Dream

I enter space, pure space. Nothing exists. Not time, not place, not even me. Then, as if the gods had drawn a collective breath, I found my feet and then began to move. I was walking, moving, but still there was nothing underneath me or above me.

As I continue to move forward a world materializes around me. I know this place. It is my place, may safety, The red tinge of the dirt and rocks brings warmth. On my right stands a wall of rock, atop which I know is a great plateau. To my left a river, wide and strong. As I walk a peace falls over me. My heart lifts, my stance straightens, and my eyes look up to the heavens. I I breath deeply and scan my surroundings. On the far side of the river, in the distance, I see a village. As I approach the sounds of life flood over me. At the rivers edge a woman sings as she works the wash rhythmically over the rough river rocks. Two children play at her side laughing and teasing one another. From the plateau above me I hear the release of arrow from bow. I hear the sound as it flies through the air and the cry of a deer as the arrow hits true. In my minds eye I know the hunter gives thanks to his prey and the gods for their sacrifices. My smile widens as I walk farther.

The noises of joy and life faded from my hearing as the village disappeared into the distance. The river widened and shallowed, its babbling more intense over the now exposed rocks. Around this shallow point in the river was a glade of aspen. There green silver leaves spinning in the breeze and giving the impression that something was moving within. Beyond the white and pealing bark a bright light emanated. As I turned to walk toward the trees and investigate its source an old Indian Chieftain stepped from their depths. With the single movement of lifting his hand palm out toward me, I stopped and sent a questioning look his direction.

"No" was his simple response. "this is not for you, not yet. Just to know that it is here, when the time comes." At these words he turned and left. Disappearing in the dense grove as quickly as he had appeared. Soon after the urge to stop, to rest took me and as I found a log resting at the waters edge on which to sit I noticed, for the first time on my trek, that a bag rested on my shoulder. A pack with a good deal of weight in it. Had it always been there? I set down, placed the pack on the ground in front of me and opened it to reveal its contents. A knife, how strange that it was not a hatchet I though. There was jerky to eat wrapped in soft leather. My hands also found a medicine bag, carefully closed and powerful even to the touch. Then at the bottom, almost overlooked I found it. So small, and seemingly out of place, yet its presence made me smile again. It was important to me but puzzling. It was...

*For whatever reason the gods have seen fit to withhold this last bit of information from me. Whatever that small and happy item is, it seems not for me to know. I will find it soon I hope and be able to keep it close.