View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #232
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

The boss said "take the rest of the day off", and I said, "I'm going fishing!"

I had an excellent day fishing today at Henry Hagg Lake, in Forest Grove Oregon. It was a cold day, breezy at times, and poured down rain more than once during the several hours I spent today. I didn't mind any of the weather, but the rain was a bit of a pain, because I couldn't read my Kindle during the downpours (as if I have any right to bitch, when I've spent a paid day off fishing)...

I caught 7 trout, I took 5 home, and threw two back to the Goddess of the lake.

I posted a photo of the day's catch in the gallery here...I was pretty amazed that each fish I caught today, was bigger than the one before it. It was weird!

Personally, I've never caught a rainbow trout as big as the last two fish that I caught today. I'm also really proud of myself, this was my first solo fishing trip. I've always shied away from it, because despite the fact that among my friends, I have always been the one who dispatches and cleans the fish, I didn't think that I could do all of the jobs by myself. I've always had some one grab the fish as it comes out of the water, they hold it while I either cut the line or pull out the hook, and then they hold the fish while I dispatch it and gut it. So, I was really nervous, but it was actually quite simple, quicker, and less messy.

It really has been an amazing day for me. I feel really great about my trip, and now I feel even more competent at fishing.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: