View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #34
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
After 20 years in the Financial Industry, I switched careers three years ago to work at a Design and Marketing firm. I wear a lot of hats, but right now, I am focusing on New Business Development, which means I research and write a lot of proposals. I am also involved in a lot of projects and my unofficial titles include: Cat Herder and Director of Safety, because a lot of these yahoos skateboard, unicycle, dance on ladders, etc. Hey, it's a design firm, we also have a WII in our conference room. It's a beautiful, creative space to work in, and I feel lucky to be around and collaborate with smart, funny adults who are passionate about what they do.

Last year, I asked to reduce my work week to three days so I could focus on the kitchen remodel and some other personal stuff. I am really thankful for the opportunity to do this, but actually, I often end up working from home on Thursdays and Fridays anyway for at least part of the day. Today, I am finishing up a huge proposal, and I actually came in the office to do it.

In my spare time, I do freelance design, marketing materials, copywriting and content organization for a variety of folks. Sometimes, I even get paid for it, but often I do it out of love or passion for their projects, like BFP (Note to Angie, put the new goddamn logo up - She's been sitting on it for 5 months!). I also volunteer some of my time with local non-profits, most recently a DV Shelter but I am being wooed by a friend who does development for a local organization who provides housing and resources, including job training to folks with low income and I'm pretty excited about it.

Everything you ever wanted to know about June, but were afraid to ask!

I would have to be starving before I would go back to Corporate America and deal with other peoples ill-behaved children.
I want to see June in an Easter Bonnet.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetcali For This Useful Post: