Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am of two minds on the subject.

In the first place, this quote from Thomas Kinkade makes me feel quite stabby:

There's been million-seller books and million-seller CDs. But there hasn't been, until now, million-seller art. We have found a way to bring to millions of people, an art that they can understand.

On the other hand, having been through a very formal fine arts conservatory program, it was my experience that art which is considered "capital "a" Art," as in the Fine Art that makes it into NYC galleries and the Venice Biennale, is largely unintelligible to 99.99% of the population.

Art that only makes sense to people who have been through very formal fine arts conservatory programs also makes me feel stabby

i don't like the pandering Thomas Kinkade does, but i don't like that ivory tower crap either.

ETA: all of my toys are in dioramas. the most awesomely ridiculous being the three cabbage patch kids sitting naked in a galvanized tub, up to their chins in bubbles painstakingly cut from an entire roll of bubblewrap