View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation

regarding things like big events, advertised events and so on and so forth, if something is advertised as a "Women" or a "lesbian" event, I will not go to that event (well, 100% for sure wouldn't go to that event on my own). It doesn't have to say "women only". But I would attend events that specify 'trans friendly' or 'all genders' but not a specific lesbian event. It's out of respect for women's space and also for my own personal comfort level. Fact is, most generic lesbians/lesbian spaces wouldn't 'get' the whole ID thing.

As for Queer spaces, that's a no brainer as I'll always ID as queer, feel queer, and therefore belong in 'queer' space, whether I look like a straight male or not.

my .02
PapaC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PapaC For This Useful Post: