View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #48
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default An email from SumofUs.org titled: You're a Trader Joe's customer, right?

Thousands of workers sweat in the Florida heat to harvest tomatoes for Trader Joe’s, and earn just a few dollars a day to do it.

Over 62,000 messages have been directly sent to Trader Joe’s CEO Dan Bane calling on him to sign the Fair Food Agreement with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers - a group of farm workers fighting for a living wage and humane work conditions.

Mr. Bane is stalling on signing the agreement.

As a Trader Joe’s customer, you can affect him directly and powerfully. We know from past pressure campaigns that CEOs listen to stores managers and customers above nearly anyone else.

Picking tomatoes is gruelling work. Customers being heard by Trader Joe’s is easy. Can you take take the next step and contact your local Trader Joe’s or call their headquarters? It will only take a second and you’ll be changing workers' lives.

Yes, I can drop off a pre-written letter to the manager of my local Trader Joe's, and/or talk to the manager directly.

Yes, I can call their national headquarters.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: