Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #39
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I think we all have a disconnect when getting out of a relationship, especially an abusive one whether it be emotional or physical. You go back and forth with your feelings and may blame yourself or wonder what you could have done differently. In reality, it's not your fault. This is what we need to learn to realize and let go of. Also, forgiveness for what the other person did. This is the longest time I have been single in relationships, going on over 2 years now and I still struggle with it. I am a stronger person because of it however. I have taken these 2 years to discover myself and find my peace and happiness in life. I have not let very many people into my space. I think you may need to give it time. There may be people interested in you, but if you are not ready you will not be able to offer them the emotions and love in return that is required in a relationship if you still feel a disconnect from your previous relation. I don't think you are broken either, but you do need some healing and time for yourself. The right person will understand, respect that and be by your side for that support. Only you will know when it is time again. Thanks for the thread. Hang in there and don't be so tough on yourself. Enjoy life and all the wonderful things it offers.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post: