Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,148 Times in 8,615 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Holy crap! I did it, y'all! I finally got back into the gym and it wasn't a complete sh*t show!

I started with my old and trusted friend, the elliptical. I did 35 minutes including the cool down. 235 calories burned (so they say but we all know that figure isn't correct), 2.38 miles (of which I am confident) and a 14:43 pace. I started the first half at level 1 and then split the remaining time between levels 2 and 3.

I initially started on a moderate burn program that required my heart rate to be monitored but it couldn't register it regularly enough so it switched me to a manual program a few minutes in. I also created enough energy to power a light bulb for 2 whole minutes. lol

From there, I moved onto the low row aka the seated row.

So, I did not follow that form exactly and did more of an extended row but I think I might try the one handed row next time. You learn something new every day!

I did 4 sets of 15 at 25lbs for the row.

Then, I walked around until I found the water rower. I love this thing! It's very Zen for me. I find the sound of the water swishing around soothing and when I get into a steady rhythm, almost meditative. The one thing I don't like is that it doesn't give me enough time to log my stats before clearing the screen. I'm going to have to remember to take a picture of it with my phone next time.

Anyway, I did 10 minutes on it. I'm not entirely sure what all of this means....not the terms, but what my numbers mean for my performance...but I had a stroke rate of 21, the distance was 1680 meters and the intensity was 3.15. Again, I don't know exactly what this means for me specifically so I'll have to look into that but I used a full range of motion and engaged my abs the whole time so I suspect that my tummy will be slightly tender tomorrow, which is a good thing.

I had to stop at that point. I was getting shaky. I only intended to be at the gym for about half and hour so all I ate pre-workout was a small banana and about 1/3 of a tsp of reduced fat peanut butter with a glass of water and I used all of that fuel up. I wound up being there about an hour.

It's a very good start back!

That's great news! So glad you had a good start. You inspire me to kick my exercise up a notch!

I had a nice ride today. 5 miles in 24 minutes.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: