View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #491
Pacificblu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Pacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I don't know. People say the same sort of thing about atheists. Inherent in most religions is the belief that people need to be kept in check by fear. Fear of hell, of god, whatever. Without that belief atheists are immoral and capable of anything. We need a god to keep us doing the right thing. Nobody will do the right thing if there is no god to judge them or police or laws to force them. Maybe people will just do the right thing because they want to feel good about themselves. I do agree people will do anything if their children are starving, but I don't think they will kill because there aren't laws or police to stop them, they will kill because their children are starving and someone has food they won't share. Plenty of people don't have most of what they want. Many all around the world don't even have most of what they need. People do what they have to do to survive, to have their family survive. If they had the opportunity to have that without killing I'm pretty sure most people would chose to live somewhat harmoniously. Religion of course poses a different problem and people all over the world seem to think they need to kill those who believe differently so they aren't around to offend the delicate sensibilities of their particular god. I think in a lot of cases religion makes people mean. And it's the kind of mean where they might smile sadly and indulgently while they beat you to death. After all it's the sin not the sinner that's the problem.
People throughout the centuries have killed millions in the name of religion, would kill us if given a chance.

There is also part of the population that will sit around and wait for the government to save them. Can you imagine for a city the size of LA trying to provide a gallon of water per person, it would be millions of gallons for 1 day? Without trucks.

Then the mean will come out of everyone when they cannot meet even their basic needs. We are a country that loves our comfort, and when it is not given, we will degrade into a lawless society. Not even religion wil save us.
Pacificblu is offline   Reply With Quote