chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
That made me laugh...its either cats or dogs. I often ponder the phenomena of "dykes and their dogs" When I go to the lesbian dances here, the older ones are usually coupled, and the younger ones are looking for coupling... I am just looking to dance.

I lived in Vancouver for a good number of years, right in the West End. Loved it. But I did not want to raise my kids in Van. I had no support and my marriage was ending. But... that is not the point of my story... the point was the two things I missed the most were Thunderstorms and the sound of snow crunching under my feet.

I went to a witches camp just outside of Whistler this summer and was able to fill my heart with the love of the west coast forests. I may have moved back to Alberta, but my heart will never leave the WC Forests.
I lived in Regina for about 100 years, my sister currently lives there, and my dad lives in Regina Beach. I went home for a visit a few years ago, and I was just dazzled with how little traffic there was and how slow everything moves!!! I guess I had been in Vancouver for a few years and really noticed the difference!
It was fall, the wheat fields were tall and golden, the sunsets were gorgeous and the weather was hot and dry.
Perfect for a thunderstorm!!!!

I DO NOT miss the winters though!!!! I have done my share of -40, plugged in vehicle, remote car starter, and freezing breath caught in my lungs!

What was the witches camp called? Sounds interesting!
I've found on one of the islands, there is a "silent retreat", and I would love to go someday. I know you can't take a book with you to read, but I think a journal is allowed to record thoughts and ideas, but it is a retreat with meditation, etc, but NO TALKING!!!! I love that!!!! Just to "be" and listen to one's self guilt free for 3 or 4 days! Pure bliss!

Oh how I miss the prairies!!! *never thought I would ever feel that way*
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post: