How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Actually, Metro, I have seen you as fluid from the beginning, tho I said nothing because labels are for those who own the body, not the one who sees the body. But from the first posting, I read you as fluid.

I think I can See with ease because of my own fluidity. I am comfortable not having a rock solid orientation to stand on. I use the term lesbian because it is the closest I can come to it, but those who know me, like your friends say about you and your gender, know the flow of the river of my orientation.

and yes, inwardly its so simple but our language and our social boundaries do not permit it verbally expressed without genuine effort and creativity. Its why I follow you around, you know. I feel like I dont have to put forth such an effort. Sometimes I just simply read you silently so that I can feel your energy. You make me feel less alone sometimes. Even tho its orientation in my regard and gender in yours. I can feel the rock of your waves and it soothes me.

I am SO glad you started this thread...

for the record, just because someone says it isnt real, doesnt make it unreal. Just because someone calls it something else, doesnt make it what its said to be. Words are not vaporizers. Unless you let them be...
Oop... see... now I'm going to have to report you for stalking... (no actually that's quite flattering).

I think it was something very hard to "see" in myself, though I've been aware of the fluidity for years, I was used to it, it was just "me". But my personal struggles with labels/identities really made me have to take a closer look at it... when I did my struggles with those things made sense.

Like you, I am very comfortable with it, I couldn't always say that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
There seem to be so many expectations of how certain genders and/or orientations should be. Usually outward appearance being the driving force, when really what we look like might have nothing to do with what is inside.

In an on line community people say all sorts of this, some right, some not. I am having to learn to block a good amount of it out because it is just an opinion.

I see myself as pretty fluid. There are times I have male energy, sometimes female...I am constantly changing and flowing...which is why I really like the term "fluid".

Great thread Metropolis!
Yeah I think it bothers some people if others aren't in line with "their" particular idea of sex, gender, identity etc. or even worse if you aren't static. Like it's some kind of affront to them, if not that I don't know why some seem to peep about it so much.

I have to block a lot of it out too, and then there's the days I can't keep my trap shut... heh.

And ty Apoc...

Metro
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: