Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

I taught at the Univ. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for 10 years in the areas of Film Studies, Women's Studies, and LGBT Studies. I am happy to say I was out in the Department and in class. I have PhD in Modern Studies which include the previous areas. I was lucky in the fact that I could create my own courses and teach many of them with LGBT topics and perspective. My most challenging course dealt with being a Trans individual. It was especially personal because I was in the first steps of transitioning. (But that is another topic). UWM and Milwaukee in general is more open to LGBT people (than where I live now) and my time at the university reflects that. I do miss the university, Milwaukee and the people I met there both in class and outside it.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote