PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
LOL about the superintendent not being on the bus.... if I had a nickle for every time I would have thrown on of the Powers That Be under a bus I could retire!

I used to feel the pressure when taught to get kids to perform, be all legal, intervene. However, small town NH is apparently not so into legalities and thinks that NCLB is just well not so serious. For some strange reason I thought NH as more "enlightened" and it really is like walking into classrooms from 1975. Weird.

As you know...NCLB is being fazed out....but look at the time and money wasted on the bureaucratic ideals given to us by Washington - by politicians who have never been in the trenches! GGGRRR!
We will still have indicators of progress - schools the that exceed - meet or don't meet...but judged on more than attendance and test scores.
The new initiative - seeing commercials now - is what's called in GA - Core Curriculum...National Standards to make all states equal...but once again - they are attempting to level the playing field when you just can't compare apples to oranges...the good part of this initiative appears to be that it will focus on the basics, reteaching concepts, much more emphasis on early childhood and elementary, giving teachers a little more flexibility (as opposed to scripts and drop dead bench marks), etc.
Also, in GA, education is moving toward a more corporate structure and attitude...and when you're working with young people and their minds and brains - its just not a corporation!

We will see...I figure between now and when I retire, I will see at least one more cure all - fix for our educational system....

This is mostly my opinion...thoughts and other opinions are VERY welcome and Wanted!

BK
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post: