Old 07-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Once upon a time I met a woman who was browsing skin products alongside me (and an ex) in a major high street shop. As we spoke it became clear that this lovely lady was far older than she appeared. I was genuinely shocked to hear that she was in her 80s! Her secret, she told me, was application of her moisturizer of choice (Nivea Q10), at intervals throughout the day and night. A particular example I recall was that when she awoke for a pee in the night she'd do the moisturizer thang.

A resounding yes to this....frequent application of moisturizer is key. My grandmother made it to 73 with barely a wrinkle on either face or hands....and she swore by moisturizer at least morning and night, and preferably a couple times in the middle too.

She also kept hand lotion on her kitchen sink, bedside table, bathroom, etc. Anytime she passed a bottle, she applied it.

Even though she lived in Florida and was an avid gardener, her skin was gorgeous thanks to these habits (and wearing a hat, always), even without buying expensive products.