Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
I love all the stories of all the athletes, from all of the countries, not just the USA....some of them bring a tear to my eye. Like that new Visa commercial with Dan Jansen. Have you seen it? OMG, the first time I saw it, I got choked up.

I also love the fact that these are people that compete their whole lives for something that might just be a one time thing. A chance to win a medal for their country...not a multi million dollar paycheck so they can buy the biggest house on the block and 9 cars, but for the chance to be a hero to their counrty.

I am really looking forward to it all!
Yanno, reading your post, there were two images that came to mind. One, Kerry Strug. That girl did GOOD and only on one leg! Two, the 1980 US Hockey team. Absolutely fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I'm sure I wont get to watch much of the Games even though Winter Olympics are my fav.

Our best friend (and my M-F Richmond roomie) is headed to Canada on Feb 10th to attend with her sister. This is their second Olympics trip with China being the first.

Color me envious.
One of my bosses still has ties to his old job, which just so happens to be one of the events coordinating companies for the Olympics. Yeah, he gets to go to them. ALL of them. Color me all shades of green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I *cough* agree *cough~cough* with You, MsD....

I do not like the murder sports.....of course, Jack might come in here and tell us that we might HAVE to kill a squirrel when the big bomb splatters us.

BUT I'M NOT GONNA DO IT ON SKIS, dammit!
I know how to skin and cook a squirrel, but it's not something I like to practice.

*spew*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote