Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeKat1 View Post
Hola everyone -- I'm soooooo very excited to see this thread here. I am somewhat frustrated with the lack of older Butches available and it seems to me the dating pool dimishes after age 55 (or somewhere around there) for me. I"ve noticed that there are a whole lotta butches who are seeking younger femmes and younger femmes wanting older Butches, so where does that leave this 63 year old femme but wondering if it is an age-ism issue. I've been out lesbian since 76 and have always enjoyed the company of wonderful Butches over the years and the lifestyle that goes along with it. I am very versed on the "dance" between B/Fs and love the art of seduction, etc. I found that younger Butches do not have the same form of reference that I do and have not found those relationships truly satisfying. I also found it frustrating that younger femmes want to be part of this thread too. The pool of availability was much wider when I was younger, so I guess I'm not delighted to see that and kind of verifies my thinking. I'm bringing this to the table for discussion, your observations, etc. My intention is not to be critical, just frustrated with my own journey over the past several years and wanted to give a voice to this issue. Thoughts anyone?

Be at peace all
WELCOME!!

Much of what you posted feels the same for me as a 60 year old, single butch. Throughout the 4 years I have been a member on the B-F sites, I have felt some ageism. And that the dating pool for me is just not very big at all. I prefer women near my age. I do, however, value the younger members and their take on things, but can't see myself involved with a lot younger than myself.

On the other hand, there are many more femmes and butches over 50 than I thought there would be. But, most are partnered. Although, I like the interaction because there are those commonalities we share.

I think it is important to keep the age boundary in this thread. Many threads throughout the site try to create a particular space- BDSM, Trans, Butch, Femme, etc. simply to have a place to relate within boundary desired.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: