Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #32
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
It is odd... I had a very physically and emotionally intense relationship with my best friend when I was 11 / 12. If our parents had any idea what we were up to with all of those nights spent over at each others houses... O.o I believe they would have died.

Yet when she became boy crazy and tossed the baby dykes in her life to the side (another story - there were actually three of us fighting for this girl's attention - good god she had us whipped)... but anyway when she hit puberty - we all just kinda went our ways.

I never even contemplated the thought of being gay until I was 21. It's not like I was removed from it - I had friends who were gay, family members who were gay - but the thought process of the possibility of ME being gay/queer/whatever - never even started.

The brain is a very queer (ha!) thing indeed... I just chalk it up to us being handed what we can deal with at the time. I had a full plate. That particular revelation waited until my plate wasn't so full. Which suits me just fine.
Wow does this bring back the memories. Even though i led even a straight life in my school years, well, there was that one time lol, looking back now it was so obvious to me.

I totally hung out at the ballfields and my besties were always very tomboyish. It just felt right, comfortable and just felt right. I would hang out with the, what we called, hoods. The peeps that smoked and drank and were pretty dad gum tough at the time. My bestest bestest through high school, Terry, carried a knife and i remember she would let me look at it but swore me to secrecy about her carrying it. No one ever messed with me because of her and her little gang...it was really quite cute now that i think back about it. I felt very protected. It was very out of place for me as a cheerleader and a perceived goodie two shoes way of life. I remember some of my friends would question that. I guess i was really somewhat of a rebel. I just had friends that i wanted and didn't care what anyone thought.

Terry bought a comaro our Sophomore year in high school. I felt like a queen riding in the passenger side on our way to school every morning. I didn't know i was gay necessarily but i knew there was something different about me.

So many, many of those "besties" of mine matured and came out as being gay. It was sorta like we were all magnetized to each other back then. Pretty cool when i think about it.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: