betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I'm with your father on this one. I have a steel roof on my house and love it. My old roof used to form giant icicles (I mean like 8 or 10 feet long and as big around as a person). With the steel, all it takes is a day or two of sunshine and all the snow and ice melts and slides off so I never get the giant icicles, and I don't have to hire the snow removal guys either.

It is louder when it rains though!
My parents have a steel roof also, which my father and his pals put on. I've never noticed that it was louder in the rain - but I might just not be very observant.

They're also pretty sturdy. Where my parents live there are a lot of mature trees that tend to fall over or have large limbs break off. During a really bad storm the tree in the neighbors yard broke in HALF and landed on my parents roof (and on their Kia). The Kia was totalled but the roof didn't so much as scratch. Yay!

Plus they're usually made from recycled materials...which makes them green. I like stuff that's green. You just wait - I'm going to be one of those people who keeps rain barrels for watering the lawn with. I look forward to it.