View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #79
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,066 Times in 9,974 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default mid-winter update (February 2019)

I recently saw my primary doctor and we reviewed my progress, which is still progressing in a positive direction.

My A1c blood sugar fasting labs came back with a good reading (5.7 or less).

Over the past year, by changing my dietary intake to consist of mostly plant based, fresh organic foods, I have maintained my 60+ pound weight loss ( a direct result from excising meat, processed foods, etc. from my daily diet).

It's still a challenge for me to get ordinary exercise that most people can accomplish, but I get better as time goes by. My return to work will increase the way I meet my daily need for exercise by walking, lifting small amounts of weight (outside my own weight) and such, which I feel good about.

I have narrowed in on something that is making a difference for me, concerning portions of food consumed. I've taken steps to eat less, yet eat foods which are dense in plant protein and reduce or eliminate foods from my diet which don't really help me at all: For example, I rarely consume pasta or breads or starchy foods and limit my salt intake (which is helping so much).

Lately, since it's so cold, my main meals consist of clear broth, homemade vegetable soups using a variety of winter vegetables or incorporating certain types of beans (ie, Northern beans, Navy beans) or by adding quinoa or cous-cous to my soups, for extra fiber content and nutrition.

When melons and berries and watermelon are in season, I plan to have more of these types of fruits and berries in my diet. I read an health article the other day about using Mango in oatmeal and combining peanut butter in the hot cereal, as well as coconut flakes (unsweetened, organic variety).

I just take one day at a time and remember to eat simple foods and simply prepared foods, which I think has helped me so much.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: