Old 01-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #35
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Yes, a number of people have awakened me to some perspective or another. I have to say that the person who wrought the most change in my thinking over time was Dylan. I still often disagreed with him. But he made me think -- and caused me to change my mind on some issues.

He's a FB friend, but he mostly just posts pictures of beautiful countryside. So I don't really benefit from his wisdom. Probably better for him. He used to get so upset.
STILL miss Dylan's posts. Makes me smile when every once in a blue moon you mention him. I too liked to read him, even though he could get out of control, sometimes. I wish he was still a part of this community. Or rather, I wish his posts/thinking was still a part of the conversations. I don't personally know him so it is not like I wish Dylan, the person was here...if that makes any sense.

Although I had been on the dash site and eagerly reading pretty much daily from the beginning, people were posts to me, not people. I didn't post much or at all really, so I did not create any connections. I didn't have any real interest in creating connections, either. I was interested in learning and growing through knowledge of of reading (gender, queer, stone, etc.). That was the purpose of that site to me.

I started posting near the end of the dash site (meaning, when it was active, prior to this one opening end of 2009), so maybe that is why I rolled into posting more here. This is also a different sort of place. As has been said before, a lot of the "figuring it out", and defining butch/femme, "stone", etc. happened at the other site. We still get into good topics here, but they are not always sit back, absorb, learn, and assess how I feel topics. And that is ok too. But, it may be not like that for other people <shrugs>. Either way, both sites have served a purpose in my life, neither more important/less appreciated, than the other.

Ok, so I have no idea where I was going with this..........

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: