View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #1015
PwrFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to HeelBilli

1 Highscore

PwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default lack of exercise

Hi All,

New to this thread but hoping to be encouraged by reading what all of you are experiencing. I turned 49 in September and for the most part have spent the last 22 years of my life overweight. I use to say I had no time for exercise. In some ways, being a full time mother and also working full time that was a bit true. I know, they say, fit in 3, ten minute walks. Well, that all sounds good but not easy to do and maintain. These days while looking for a job I have nothing but time on my hands. Joining a gym is not possible (see the reference to a job in the previous sentence), nor would it be wise because I don't really like working out in gyms. I have supported many a gym over the years by paying for a membership I used a handful of times.

I am looking for suggestions of things I can do outside, for the most part. I live in a somewhat rural area in North Carolina that doesn't have walking/bike trails and I don't own a bike. I am in good health so have few limits. Anyone have ideas they would like to share?

Thanks!