Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

If one wants freedom of religion, this is what will happen. Why she chose to work for the homophobes is beyond me. To publicly acknowledge her partner in the paper, baffling. The church isn't going to change, it has a track record of discrimination and it doesn't look like it will ever accept people based on their love for each other. She wont win in court because the church has a right to employ whom they wish. Does it make me angry, yes. But in reality perhaps she should have chosen to either teach somewhere else, or kept it to herself if she wanted to continue to teach in a catholic institution.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: