Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Honestly, I can see if from both sides. I don't know why a lesbian would come out when she works at a Catholic school. However, the entire point of the GLBT uprising is to make all people equal no matter where they work. Yes, it's a church. Yes, it wasn't the best of choices. But life isn't a buffet table. When you're accepted most places (as this woman may have been), on the surface, everything "feels" fine.

She may not have really thought the repercussions of what she'd done through before coming out the way she did. This could make her a pioneer though. Why should it be "understood" that if you work in a Catholic school that you have to be silent? We need to shine that rainbow light into EVERY dark corner and in no place is that corner darker than in the church.

I'm interested to see how this plays out.