View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ending discrimination in housing and employment should be next...however the fight for marriage equality for everyone on this country still has a way to go. Whole offices of clerks are resigning rather than marry us, and until they are made to do their damn jobs, we will continue to have asshats standing in our way.

While the tide has turned in our favor, as long as they get away with denying one right because of "their religion" we will not make gains in the more important areas like employment, housing, transgender issues and our homeless LGBTQ youth.

Someone once asked me why marriage equality was so important to me? I told them that for too long we have been "nice" about begging for our rights...but it was going to take us throwing our "gayness" in their faces, and finding that the world doesn't explode to bring them to the realization that we aren't going to sit still anymore...that we are people and are going to get equal treatment under the law whether they like it or not!

What a great idea for a thread Nat, it has me all fired-up!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: