Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,634 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my dog is to me what I am to her. companions. I do not see her as a pet. I use to be a pet owner then I got my first newfie and learned how to love animals. Really love them. That girl was a Delta dog and we went to hospitals and nursing homes together. My old girl now, is the sister of that first newfie. She goes where I go when she can. I dont take here where there is food. I dont take her where there is danger to her or another life form. But yes, she has gone into tractor supply with me. She goes into the pet stores. She use to hang out at used book store too. She has gone to many an AA meeting with me too. And she always goes to my family outings too. We all bring our dogs as well as our kids. I have taken her to college campuses for workshops too. But you have to understand...she is attached to my side...always approaches people gently and waits for children to come up to her. She nudges them softly with her nose rather than lick them...usually. LOL. Depends on if they just ate soemthing....LOL. When i sit, she lays down. She doesnt move. She doesnt bark. And she is timid to other animals and would NEVER approach an animal. In fact, a mini doxie bit her on the nose once and my girl ran behind my legs and trembled back there...I use to take her to work too, when I taught in NY. And she would do sessions with my kids when I was a children's therapist. They loved laying on her and feeling her warmth and acceptance. I have not taken her places when people have asked me not to. But usually she is accepted and even encouraged to come. When Dawson comes to live with us (he is a 10 year old black newfie of 200 lbs) I expect to take him around too. But he needs to be with me for several months before I take him to schools, nursing homes, etc. I need to know the dog and he needs to know me too. Story stays with me, beside me and looks to me for her safety and signals. Dawson needs to learn those and that takes time...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: