View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #69
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

I have known two men personally who took their wives last name.Twenty years ago, in fact.
One , even gave up his law practice for a time, to be Mr mom to twins while his wife completed her residencies required to be a Doctor. That last part, is what marriage is about , so much more than just a name. He was all in to supporting his wife and people were completely shocked by his devotion.

When my mother became pregnant she gave up her career that had just begun to be a stay at home mother.Her self esteem and independence were deeply affected and she became a stand by your Man woman.
To the point of allowing my father to name me , after a prior girlfriend of his. I know my mom felt beat
down by This and my dads many abusive ways. In honor of her , I am considering a change.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post: